Virgin Australia will be the first Australian airline to offer booking flexibility until 31 January 2021 under a new customer policy.
As part of Virgin Australia’s new ‘Passenger Promise’, Australian travellers will be able to make unlimited booking changes without incurring any change fees for reservations with travel between now and 31 January 2021.
A Virgin Australia spokesperson said that the announcement is about giving guests more confidence and flexibility when booking their travel, adding that “Virgin Australia is an airline that offers great value fares and award-winning service.”
“Whilst there is still uncertainty around border restrictions, we know that Australians want to start booking their travel and our Passenger Promise will give travellers the peace of mind they need to make a booking now.
“We’re hopeful that borders will reopen by Christmas and this new initiative to help get travellers on their next flight is the right step forward to rebooting the Australian tourism industry,” they said.
Along with generous booking flexibility, the Virgin Australia ‘Passenger Promise’ aims to ensure passengers feel comfortable when booking and flying through use of the following measures:
- A short pre-flight health screening questionnaire for all travellers upon check-in;
- Increased social distancing measures including staggered boarding and distancing between passengers onboard where possible;
- Reduced onboard movement to minimise contact between passengers and crew;
- Increased hygiene practices at all stages of the passenger journey, including:
- Contactless check-in available online or via the Virgin Australia app;
- Complimentary face masks and hand sanitiser kits;
- Scanning own boarding passes to limit contact with crew;
- Increased cleaning practices including the use of Duropax, an antibacterial and antimicrobial cleaning agent, sprayed on interior aircraft surfaces;
- Additional and thorough cleaning between flights and daily deep cleans of all aircraft; and
- HEPA filtration on all flights (hospital-grade air quality) and directional airflow;
- Continued earn and redemption using Velocity Points with Virgin Australia and a range of other partners.